Quebec Writers’ Federation Seeks Communications and Outreach Assistant (six-week contract)
Deadline for applications: **EXTENDED DEADLINE - MIDNIGHT, SUNDAY, MAY 27, 2018**
The Quebec Writers’ Federation (QWF) seeks a reliable, detail-oriented, and motivated student for a six-week paid position in the QWF Office in the Atwater Library and Computer Centre, Westmount in July and August 2018. Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Membership Services and Communication, the successful applicant will be responsible for preparing and sending QWF online communications, as well as doing some research and writing (details below). The job would be particularly suitable for a post-secondary student in a related field of studies such as Literature, Community Development, or Information and Communications Management, and would provide invaluable career-related experience.
This position is open to full-time students aged from 15 to 30 years who intend to return to their studies in the next school year.
- Start date: Tuesday 3 July, 2018
- Length of contract: 6 weeks
- Hours: 30 hours a week, to be spread over 4 days, 10am – 5.30pm.
- Salary: $12.00/hour
- Collate, write and send the bi-monthly e-newsletter and e-communications to QWF members, and prepare and post social media updates to QWF’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Answer phone and in-person queries, when possible.
- Research future Outreach Opportunities for literary programs and workshops in diverse, Indigenous, and minority communities as part of QWF’s ongoing commitment to creating more diverse engagement in working closely with minority communities across Quebec
- Work with the Coordinator of Membership Services and Communication to develop a program of Members’ events.
- If time allows, research and write updates for the QWF Literary Database of Quebec English-language authors.
- Must be a full-time student, between the ages of 15 and 30, who is returning to their studies in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must be able to work autonomously to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented and have an excellent command of written English
- Conversational French for telephone.
- Must demonstrate an ability to write, edit and proofread your own documents for accuracy and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with Mailchimp and Hootsuite.
- Familiarity with Quebec’s literary scene.
How to apply:
Please upload a single pdf file that includes a one-page (maximum) letter of interest, including one paragraph stating why you would be particularly interested in working with the QWF, and a c.v. of relevant experience.
Selected candidates must be available for interview on Monday, July 4 or Tuesday, July 5, 2018.
Deadline for applications: Extended to midnight, Sunday, May 27, 2018.
Funded by the Government of Canada,