Writers in CEGEPS
2018 – 2019
Call for Applications
Deadline: July 22, 2018
Writers who have already been approved for the Writers in CEGEPS program do not need to reapply.
The Quebec Writers’ Federation invites applications from published English-language writers to participate in the Writers-in-CEGEPs program of Quebec’s Secrétariat à la politique linguistique.
To participate, writers must live in Quebec and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- at least one book published with a recognized publisher;
- at least five texts published in recognized (peer-edited) journals (print or online);
- at least one screenplay for cinema or television produced by a producer recognized by the CALQ or SODEC;
- at least one dramatic work either published by a recognized publisher or performed by a professional company.
Participating writers receive a total honorarium of $500 per day for readings and lectures or writing workshops, $400 per day for meetings and discussions, or $200 for participation in a roundtable.
To participate in the Writers-in-CEGEPs program, you must be entered in the current repertoire.
If you are not currently in the repertoire and you want to apply, create a Submittable profile if you do not already have one, and upload TWO pdf files: one providing the information listed below, and one with the sample of your writing.
1. A brief bio/bibliographical statement, including a description of
- your literary work.
- any work, projects, or personal background that are relevant to your writing.
- relevant experience in mentoring, teaching, or facilitating creative-writing or related activities (maximum 500 words).
2. A description of your proposed activities including
- whether you prefer lectures and readings, writing workshops, meetings/discussions, or roundtable discussions.
- what literary and pedagogical activities your visit might include.
- your pedagogical and/or presentation approach.
- any specifically appropriate courses or units (maximum 250 words).
3. Any other biographical or critical material a CEGEP might use to promote your visit (e.g. reviews, interviews, links, etc.).
A scan of your published work (books, photocopied excerpts or articles, etc., for a total of at least 25 pages) for review by the QWF selection committee.
The submission period will close at 11:59 on July 22, 2018.
A selection committee composed of writers and teachers familiar with the CEGEP milieu will review the material. Note that this application requires a brief outline of the proposed pedagogical literary classroom activities.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application at the end of the summer. Successful applicants will receive additional information at that time.
For more information, please visit the QWF website (www.qwf.org/programs) or contact the QWF office.
1200 Atwater, Suite 3
Westmount, QC H3Z 1X4
Telephone: (514) 933-0878
info [at] qwf [dot] org